Quote Originally Posted by vilefly View Post
Now, that is the strangest crank story I have seen so far. I have never seen a piston skirt split, but I was thinking that a piston pin got bent... That is just crazy.
I know, right? I want to blame myself for welding the pushrod guides with flux wire on the engine, but I just can't see how a piece that big got past the screen, filter, into the main gallery and so forth. So it must have been sitting inside the crank like a time bomb since 2016.

Once I had all the slugs out it was apparent the scuffing on the cylinder wall was no more or less than any of the other cylinders so I guess it was exaggerated by the poor lighting of the inspection camera.

Anyways, I managed to get a board mostly soldered together, despite a my hyper 4 year old squab pestering me throughout. Not tested yet......
A quick + easy test is to apply 12v power between the two pads near the power supply section. Obviously the green power led should light, but if the yellow status comes on shortly thereafter that's a good sign the microcontroller is booting.

someone is now stealing my chickens, so I have to let a BBQ owner 1 block away know I am onto him with a wildlife camera. <insert profanity here>
Now that's crossing the line. If you need backup I'm only 3 hours away. ;-)