Thread: TBI vacuum leak at manifold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    The manifold seems okay, I'd have liked something a little more high rise but the GMPP manifold is the only one I know of with the factory style water passage that links the front of the heads to the back of the heads. It was expensive and then I had to get it bored out for a 46mm TBI unit and block off the EGR ports.
    I also decided to block the EGR ports in the bottom of the runners because I thought fuel might pool in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    The manifold seems okay, I'd have liked something a little more high rise but the GMPP manifold is the only one I know of with the factory style water passage that links the front of the heads to the back of the heads. It was expensive and then I had to get it bored out for a 46mm TBI unit and block off the EGR ports.
    I also decided to block the EGR ports in the bottom of the runners because I thought fuel might pool in there.
    Yeah, the q-jet manifold for Vortec is easier to find used. I've bought two now, both only slightly used for about $150 each. Mine has EGR provisions as well, and I'm not using it. I've got a block off plate where the valve goes, but I didn't do anything with the ports in the runners. You've got me a little nervous now - when I had everything off tonight I could see a small amount of fuel down those holes. What did you use to block them?

Fuel Injected!
    I got my engine machinist to tap the two holes and put Allen head grub screws in there, then he staked around them so they wouldn't come out.
    I don't now how critical it really is, it just looked like it made sense to me.
    I bought the plate to block off the EGR and also had to block off the hole on the opposite side that also looked related to EGR, you can buy a genuine part to block it off but once again for that particular part the shipping to NZ was quite a lot so I go the machinist to make something, I suspect I didn't save much in the end.