Thread: introduction from (to?) California

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Car-Part.com is mostly stale listings mixed with a few dead links. Most yards don't even reply.
    I have purchased items from yards all across the country using car-part. I have also found dead listings on car-part. No, most yards do not reply to email. But with "unlimited minutes" and internet access to check phone numbers, a phone call is a relatively inexpensive investment. And for me it often provides a way to decide whether or not to do business with the yard. I'll accept that Cali may be different, but overall the reference is still useful and their database could locate a Cali vehicle in an out of state yard.

I don't know how you found BCCs and determined them to be California compliant. The only indications I see are car model year and state the yard is in. Neither is conclusive.
    A search for an engine computer for a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham with a 350 produces three listings. Two of the three listings include BCC in the description. The BCC's match up with GM's list of Cali certified Cadillac Brougham calibrations. See photo. The third listing shows the ecm label and VIN which can be used to determine emissions compliance. I have not looked that one up.

BTW, I was put off by your first paragraph. The rest of it is actually more reasonable than I thought, once I ploughed through it all.
    Thank you for taking the time. None of it is intended to be insultory nor derogatory.

But you're in NH? Can't get much farther away, lol.
    Not much. If I am able to offer any help it is through access to and understanding of information that is mostly available online.

FWIW we also have emissions rules and compliance issues here. "Engine replacements" require a trip to the state capital to get approval. Some succeed, some do not. We also have annual safety inspections to abide by. And if you build a custom car or hot rod you have an additional state police conducted safety inspection which must be performed prior to the annual state safety inspection. The same holds true for an insurance total that has been rebuilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images