Thread: EEHack 2019 update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    I also tested the cyl balance test on the dark magic v4.9 fork and eehack didn`t crash, so the problem lies somewhere else.
    I think you can probably disregard that bug report if it's the first you've heard it.

I've noticed all manner of strange things with what I've been using which I believe is from the zip you put in the $eehack thread here. But I routinely have about five different forks of eehack on my laptop at any given moment. Before last friday I'd never seen the MAF mode / SD mode become visible on controller.ui, so after looking at the source I did some searching and found the mode4 definition file. This worked a couple times (the buttons became visible), but when I try switching modes nothing happens. In addition I've noticed other very basic things like the play button on the datalogger window has stopped working.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    if you disconnect the PC side, eehack will probably just freeze.
    I've thankfully never seen this happen while flashing, but more than once I've had the usb adapter disconnect spontaneously while logging. I suspect the way the serial libraries handle stuff like this is different on windows. But with linux eehack shows a connection error and tries reconnecting while it holds a handle open to the device node. As I mentioned previously the adapter gets a new device node when the kernel reconnects to the ftdi bridge chip. I've re-connected to the new device node in eehack without crashing or restarting the program so it's theoretically possible. But I'd rather not test, thanks.

What I did to analyze my wideband data was to take the delimited file from eehack and add a calculated field to the sheet i.e. =(AM3/L3)*100 where column L is target afr and AM is my wideband. The results seem to indicate it worked acceptably.

trimalyzer.jpg

Anyway, this leads me to my next question steveo. Is there documentation regarding how to do what you were talking about with lambda in the definition file? I attempted to customize mine to add the converted ADC voltage, but it doesn't seem to be working when looking at a pre-recorded .eedata file. I guess to summarize I'd like a idiot's guide to the eehack definition file, because it seems there's something I'm missing and I think there's a lot of hackish functionality I could create there if I simply understood how it was intended to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I can at least see lambda on the dashboard.

Reason I'm looking for this is to try and determine the stoichiometry of what's in my tank. 14.2:1 is way too rich, and 14.7:1 seems lean. I'm planning to use my MAF and wideband in open loop and adjust the target AFR to see what I can come up with. Assuming my injector flow rate and MAF calibrations are within reason it should be more scientific than trial and error.