Wow! I didnt expect to get that many responses so quickly. I havent had a lot of time to check back on this post.

Yes. I have a 5.7l (L05) engine, 3.42 rear end, 4l60e trans.

I was a little dissappointed in the power and fuel mileage after the first trip, but I figure there is a lot of room for improvement over the factory specs. With the travel trailer I get about 7.xmpg, and without I am getting a little over 10mpg. I have only ran one tank of fuel through it without towing anything so it may not be accurate but i assume it is in the ball park. Travel trailer weighs in at about 3600 lbs and the van is at 5500 lbs according to the scale at the local recycling center.

So far I have only done work to make it more reliable. I replaced all coolant hoses, belt and water pump. That includes all hoses involved with aux HVAC. The complete front suspension. 4 Ball joints, upper arms, lower arm shaft, sway bar bushings, front springs, brake lines, rebuilt calipers, and brake pads. I also removed the rear leaf springs had them rearched and had 2 extra springs added on each side.

Right now I have to lay low on spending any more on this van, but these cheap and easy ideas are right what I need right now. In the future if we really get into the RV/camper thing I may chose to swing a motor and trans at a later date. I wouldnt mind trying to swing a 4l80e into the mix, but that is a subject for another day.

Yes I do need to get a scan tool to watch the numbers while it is running to see what it is doing. I was looking at an ALDL Droid scantool that puts datastream info onto a droid device. Its been so long since I have used a obd I scan tool I dont remember what info is available to be seen. What tools are available for watching OBD I data?

DonF there is a lot of stuff to read through in the links you posted. It will take some time to soak it all up.

Other than the less than desirable preburned chips, are there any chips out there that can be had that are dependable for my use.

I will definitely try the adjustable fuel pressure regulator and see what that gets me. I havent measured what the current pressure is yet so I dont know where I am to start with.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.