The ign coil have a 10amp fuse and 0.8 wire that can be fed to coils but it also provides power to auto trans solenoids. Still have to think how to wire it. I might run a separate wire in the end with relay that will feed juice straight from battery with thick wire, to avoid any voltage drop[Will use the coil feed to trigger the relay on ign on]. I do like stock look though.

When I finally ripped the opti apart, I notice that the high res beam goes through 3 slots to the opto transistor. low res have 1 slot. That 3 slots explains the counts inconsistency. Even pcm have built in count errors +-4 high res pulses.

I also found why opties fail so much. It is the only japanese part in the car. There is some dot welds that eventually will broke due to high frequency switching and cause signal loss. Not an easy fix since soldering wont last long there.

That status led is great idea. You can even expand it more to add some blink codes on errors. 3 blinks = you are F...d up, low res signal is lost.

Is there a way to get feedback from coil if it is blown or not delivering spark for some reason.