Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
Here's another release.

Code:
0.9.41 - 9/22/2020

Removed all references to arduino digitalRead() and digitalWrite()

Added EST passthrough in EST rising edge interrupt handler for faster first dwell

Increased MAP vs RPM multipliers slightly in cruising range
I've driven this about 275 miles without major incident. Mileage on the last fill-up was 24.3 mpg, which was somewhat surprising since I haven't exactly been babying the go pedal. Cold starts have been a little slobbery, but the ambient temp has been dramatically lower in the mornings the past week or two. Then this morning it set a DTC43 when starting, which cleared on it's own after a few seconds of runtime.

I was somewhat concerned with this DTC when I hooked up my laptop to see what it was, because eehack has a description of "ESC Failure" for it. But EagleMark's original thread [here] describes it as a "Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit". So not sure what to make of this. I haven't seen the CEL light with the engine running in around 2 years. I didn't even think the '95s were equipped to sense a disconnected knock sensor circuit??? Would love to have a better description of what this DTC trigger conditions are but haven't been able to locate where these live in the 2000+ pages of the FSM. Whatever the case I'll report back if it reoccurs.

Still haven't heard anything further from kur4o - hoping everything's well. I'd like to get you your prize money and hopefully try to see if we can further investigate the light acceleration stumble you mentioned. That is, if your rig is still in running order...
As someone who owns a '95 and had that CEL himself, yes, they're wired the same way as all the older C4s (which is why the knock sensor part number is shared until 1996). The knock sensor on our cars has a resistor inside the sensor that the PCM uses to detect whether the sensor is physically present. When this resistor inevitably breaks or fails to be in the correct range, it triggers DTC 43. But this doesn't mean the sensor failed--it just means the resistor is no longer in spec. You can fix it by replacing the sensor, but I just disabled the DTC in my BIN since I could see in EEHack that the sensors were still working perfectly fine.