That's good info, Fast355!

When I was first starting my timing table, I found this thread:
http://www.bulltear.com/forums/showt...Timing-Advance
I went to 40 since I have a knock sensor and figured I would watch knock counts and retard. My 401 is "Warmed over" (9.5:1 Forged pistons, port matched heads, Comp Cams 268H cam, Long tubes, 454 TBI on an Edelbroke Performer) but not really "built" per se. I also went a little soft on when it is all in because I would rather lose a little power than be knocking when I was tuning my fuel tables.

Honestly, I have been spending 90% of my tuning time in fueling and just barely touching my timing table. I also have spent the majority of my time working on 4K RPM and below because my TH400 shifts at WOT at 4k RPM. I am pretty super close to being done with my fueling table and will spend more time on my timing table in the next 4 months (4 months because I am about to go on a 2 month business trip). When I do start to dive in to timing again, I will revisit this thread, the bulltear thread, and some other tech manuals and such and get it going. Like I said above, my truck runs well; but I know I am not "done". I had to do a second rebuild between the time I started this thread and now (long story, debris, oil pressure, no muy bien) so that has set me back quite a bit.