Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
For me, I have all the parts I need (save for the opti passthrough I need to make because I don't want to splice wiring
If you have a male and female plug from a heated 4 wire O2 sensor you can modify them with a dremel for this application (the key is on the opposite side on the opti plugs). Unfortunately most of the O2 sensors use stainless steel conductor so it's nearly impossible to solder.

Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
My dad's '94 ... the opti signal is currently doing something that defies logic. See thread here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ion-at-low-RPM
I skimmed over that thread, definitely perplexing. Sounds like it's time to start looking for a new J520. Check your PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm somewhat in the same boat - mine is currently sitting in the garage with half the interior torn out. Found the warning chime (which has never worked) was draining my battery due to a cap that had developed an internal short. Lucky for me that can only be accessed by pulling the dash pad. While I was in there I decided to look at the PKE since it's been acting peculiar and replace any other caps in the head unit, etc. that tend to leak with age. As my luck runs DigiKey is four days behind filling orders, and they sent the wrong size caps for the tone generator and PKE so had to re-order different ones. I'm two weeks in what should have been a three day project, and the caps I ordered on Saturday still haven't shipped.