Thread: Bin/XDF 95 Z28

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    The IAT was non functional. The engine is built but left set in the yard for years never started. LT4 HotCam 1.60 Roller rocker. Said its bored No mention of stoking but crankshaft appears to be new. I reserve myself the right to tune this vehicle because it is not stock. Just picking up from where they lost it. Engine is allegedly Professionally built but have not gotten ahold of the person who did it. Lol what is a y body exactly that one didn't work but was the only one listed as a manual.

Fuel Injected!
    B-body: Caprice RoadMaster Sedans & Wagons (4L60E auto)
    D-body: Fleetwood & 'Commercial Chassis' (4L60E auto)
    F-body: Camaro & FireBird (4L60E or T56-manual)
    Y-body: Corvette (4L60E or T56-manual)
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...

Fuel Injected!
    Next problem I have on hand, the car does have a 7.5 Posi 4.10 gears . the gearset is trashed, it literally looks like they left the pinion so it would ride the outside of the ring gear .100 backlash or so. I will hopefully have the new gearset in a week. Have new u joints and trans seems like it will shift ok. the car still will not idle and I have not pin pointed all of the trouble codes. Iat goes crazy if you drive it. Sticks around 2000 rpms and bobs up and down. Just a question though, i have logs on EEHack but can not find any codes, do i have to do a check with it plugged in and key on or does it have to be running. Service engine soon and a bunch of other lights are on all the time.

The check engine light will be on if you delete things and not disable them in the computer I would verify what it is

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroked 388 View Post
    The check engine light will be on if you delete things and not disable them in the computer I would verify what it is
    its easier to read the codes, first. i deleted the egr and a few other things, that was not it. not sure why i cant see the error codes in eehack.

It works perfectly for me. I see you made your cable ? I bought mine pre made possible that could be your problem but I'm in no means a expert

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroked 388 View Post
    It works perfectly for me. I see you made your cable ? I bought mine pre made possible that could be your problem but I'm in no means a expert
    I do not have a problem with the cable, it only has to do with the read/write interface. this is switchable but I am not running as a constant. My write time is about 2-3 minutes with O/S change and is about 30 seconds with Cal only. I tracked down a vacuum leak and realized a certain problem. The car will idle like a champ but once it warms up the rpms race to about 2000. The IAT is routed incorrectly so I will have to address this issue. If I hook those two grounds together it will fry the pcm for sure. LOL i need to start another thread.