So I'm not entirely sure what I did other than re-install the correct knock sensor, but now my code 43 problem has shifted to intermittent. It does not come on within 30 seconds of key on or engine running like previously, now it comes on after about 10 minutes of driving. Both times it was after a decel event, coming to idle. One of those two times, the SES light went out on the way back home, the other time it did not.

Even while the flag is set, the knock sensor circuit appear to be working and showing knock counts in TP. A lot of them in fact, 10s of thousands per drive. A single acceleration event can trigger thousands and consistent 10 degrees plus of retard. There are no audible knocking sounds, and no unusual mechanical sounds ,that I can hear at least. I do have a roller cam (stock L31 complete set up including cam, lifters, heads, spider, retainers, etc. And I used a new set of Comp Cams stamped steel, roller-tip rockers. Could the knock sensor I'm using be incompatible with roller cam? A Google search indicated that can be an issue. If so, thoughts on which KS to use?

I have not done this yet, but I will remove a couple of plugs to check condition. I would think tens of thousands of knock counts would be pretty obvious by looking at the plugs?