Thread: Tuner Pro RT ECM flashing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenh397 View Post
    Thanks! I was looking at the LS droid page and there is something about discontinuing support for some hardware??? Is PCM Hammer still in a BETA stage? I'm just a little confused I guess. Are there any tuning apps that will run directly off a laptop?

A work mate has a gen 4 engine that has been "freshened" and the AFM deleted with new cam and lifters, gaskets and some other stuff. If I can get it for the money he is asking it is a steal. Supposedly a complete engine ready to drop in. (haven't seen it yet) BUT, no ECM, or is it PCM?? harness or anything to support the engine. My thought is to grab a ECM from from a GEN 4 that does not have the AFM along with any other support parts like the throttle and TAC if needed.

Thanks Rick!

Ken
    The gen 4 is usually a 58x crank and 4x cam. PCM Hammer works with the 99-07 red/blueconnector(PO1) and the blue/green connector(P59) pcms. Most Gen4's with 58x use an E38 ECM and a separate TCM for the trans controller. You can change the reluctor on the crank back to 24x encoded and 1x cam timing gear to use the earlier computers and available freeware. Not much freeware for the newer computers at this time.
    No TAC module needed on the newer computers, E38,E67,E78 and can run the larger 6 pin 4 bolt TB's.
    Last edited by In-Tech; 08-25-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    -Carl