Thread: New guy have some questions about all this.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwon View Post
    I don't have any idea what a XMP file is.

But you need to find a XDF that matches your Operating system number. Your operating system is OS 12619623 so any changes you make in your Bin with any other XDF will probably be wrong.

Sorry I can't help you with a XDF but I'm just learning all this stuff.
    XDF yea, sorry the YouTuber I was learning this off of kept calling it an XMP file haha

Quote Originally Posted by trlrider View Post
    Morning!
    XMP = XDF I am assuming! .xdf would be the correct term for the road map for a given operating system.

There is no known public .xdf for the '9623 operating system for use in Tuner Pro

To make this work with a P59 ecm you will need to find a similar flex fuel 5.3 file that uses the '7603 operating system, then start from there.

'7603 OS is from 2004 and the most widely used and documented. Can be found here: http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...rPro-Bin-Files on this forum and also on the Tuner Pro RT Website for the valid .xdf - the .xdf I use comes directly from the Tuner Pro site.

VATS Disable is a value of: 2 on this particular OS
    So if I download say a 2004 5.3 Silverado '7603 OS/BIN to my 2006 Tahoe ECU I wont brick it. Just rewrite it to think its a Silverado ECU? But still allow it to work? Thats where I get confused on whats compatible and whats not. But that would make some sense because one of the youtubers I was watching explain this did say something about him only using 2 of 3 OS's since they have support. Using any other ones is a waste of time. Again I just didnt want to go flashing random OS/BIN/XDF's and brick my ECU before I understood wtf im doing besides flashing a new operating system and file code onto it.

I really just want to make sure I still have a Flex map/option because I plan on running E85 later down the road. Actually the reason Im keeping the dual tanks on my C10 so 1 can be a pump gas tank and the other a Flex tank.

Ok so my guy putting a value of 40 for VATs Im assuming is probably an issue? lol

Quote Originally Posted by trlrider View Post
    Another Note: If your engine cranks, and then does not, then the problem is not in your VATS.
    It will not crank at all if VATS is enabled and not getting the correct corresponding signal from my experience
    You have a crank overheat protection kicking in, a bad ground, ground that is not correctly hooked up, or something else going on.
    The ECU could see a signal indicating the engine has started and turn off the crank signal.
    Go back and check your harness and make sure it has the required grounding to the block, frame and body.

Post a picture of your ECU! It should have two long plugs on the side (edge) of the case. If you have two plugs on the top, then it is a later ecu and your will need HP
    Tuners to tune.
    So it cranks, fires up then turns off. Then cranks right back up but wont rotate the engine more than 2 times before it cuts off. Almost like a fuel or ignition cut off.
    Last edited by CK_32; 09-22-2021 at 02:20 AM.