Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
The C68 programmer never responds to anything and has no ability to talk on the bus. For diagnostic purposes, you can connect a jumper between pin 4 on the HVAC control head and pin 14 on the ALDL connector to allow a Tech 2 to talk to the HVAC Programmer via the E&C Bus. Check section 8A-52-0 of your FSM. The two connections between C9/C10 on the HVAC Programmer and the ALDL are only there to receive the $10 CCM broadcast message and nothing else.

Torqhead is correct. As we discussed via PM, your '92 has a different diagnostic message from the 94-96 Corvette. It is three bytes shorter. The CCM's poll request message, however, is identical. To be clear, this means that the message the CCM sends to the ECM is the same as the 94-96, but the reply from the ECM is different. Since the reply is what Torqhead has to account for, that's why their setup won't work for the earlier cars.

Additionally, Torqhead's modified '411 PCM only has connectors for the PCM found in the 94-96 Corvette, not the ECM found in the 92-93 Corvette. So they are absolutely correct that their system would not work for you.

However, should we be able to figure out how to fake that message ourselves with open-source hardware and software, that means we would be able to provide anyone with a 90-96 Corvette the ability to have a working dash with any aftermarket computer, whether that be Torqhead, Holley, Haltech, etc etc etc. So hopefully we can figure that out. Torqhead clearly knows some of the things we'd like to know already, but as they're in the business of making money, I don't think they'd be willing to share that information freely.
Thanks for the response, and it makes some more sense now! Please let me know if I can contribute to the cause anymore. I should have a EPROM dump for another user tomorrow.