Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
isn't this actually 64 microseconds per tick, thus making 28 ticks 1.792 milliseconds? Check my work.

System Clock: 16000000 Hz
TCCR3B = 16000000 / 1024 = 15625 Hz
1 tick / 15625 Hz = 64 microseconds/tick
64 microseconds * 28 ticks = 1.792 milliseconds
Your math is correct. The 62.5 us period comment was copied and pasted from an example I found somewhere, and I never bothered to verify even though I have a 1024 prescaler in the diy-ltcc code that is showing the correct time period.

The 1.792 ms / 28 ticks may need more fine-tuning. I found that when the controller was writing to a file without echoing a bunch of debugging noise to the console, this value had to be increased. In other words the time involved in sending to the console was creating a delay that has to be accounted for in order to get the fastest acquisition rate. Sd card write latency is another factor (though much smaller).

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
Something I have been waiting for a long time. Definitely will build a test rig and get the opportunity of blackbox logging.

Some help on the setup will be highly appreciated. I am in no hurry, a good winter project.
I'm sure it could be adapted to work with the PCM as bus master, but I don't see myself having the ambition to take this to that level. I have a date this winter with a d/a, a crap-ton of sandpaper, primer, paint, etc. I'll probably put a page up on my wordpress site for it and link to it from my .sig. but that might be as far as that goes.