Thread: Random High IAC counts and idle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselsj View Post
    Thank you so much for following through with your solution. I have that same issue, though I'm sure I've swapped TPS's since it started. Still, I'll toss in a new one and keep this one as a spare.
    The defective TPS came on my SPR throttle body. Maybe it was used/reconditioned,, it was cleaned to appear new. The injectors on the SPR performance TBI failed in one year also.

The TPS that is on my truck now is from the junk yard,, I had it on an old crusty mock-up TBI i was going to use on another build. I was worried it did not have the slots to adjust but it seems ok. It reads .74 volts at idle.

Good luck,

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by chris989 View Post
    The defective TPS came on my SPR throttle body. Maybe it was used/reconditioned,, it was cleaned to appear new. The injectors on the SPR performance TBI failed in one year also.

The TPS that is on my truck now is from the junk yard,, I had it on an old crusty mock-up TBI i was going to use on another build. I was worried it did not have the slots to adjust but it seems ok. It reads .74 volts at idle.

Good luck,
    I have one of their throttle bodies also. I've been through a number of injectors, multiple IAC, and I'm pretty sure several TPS. But I need to get it on the logger when it is acting up. I know I've seen the high IAC counts but haven't paid attention to the TPS % or voltage.