Thread: 69 Van Project update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the reply!..... The water pump is new ACDelco from RockAuto......The temp just creeps a couple of degrees at a time, not losing any temp (cycling) as it rises because I have the fan running full time and no thermostat.... My wagon runs 130-160 all the time set up like this with A/C blowing ice cubes in 110 degree weather
    I had disconnected and plugged the EGR stuff on my daily (wagon) and it runs fine so I didn't even run wires for the solenoid..... (mistake, I guess)..... I also don't have the stuff for the Air injection in place...... And the exhaust is bullet glass-packs after the 1-wire oxygen sensor in the right pipe (only reading one side)....I guess I should pull spark plugs and look for lean-ness.....
    This radiator was listed as being for a big-block early Camaro and looks very nicely put together, but I'm suspicious (chinese)..... I've ordered a 32lb cap for the radiator itself because the engine's fill level is quite a bit higher (16 lb cap on t-stat housing).....
    Are you saying the EGR stuff needs to be fully operational to provide richness that the ECM is pulling? Is there an external work-around other than a re-flash?...
    Is 17 degrees of timing at no-load idle okay (?) as that is where zero degrees in base timing puts me when I re-connect the link.....I always set about 8 degrees in the carbureted era.....Can timing be backed out physically, or does the ECM just put it back?
    I realize these are kind of noob questions..... I'm not really a "tuner", I just want the van to run reliably without further thought once I got it dialed in.....
    I'd be okay with buying a reflashed chip, but I really haven't studied up on reliable sources.... Any suggestions?
    Right now I'm limited to within six blocks of home and it feels like house arrest!...
    Last edited by AzDon; 10-02-2022 at 05:00 AM.