Thread: Intro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    LOL.

Your signature rings a bell too. You wouldn't happen to be Shannen from grolen?

Yessir, your recollection is spot on. I'm glad to have helped spread the word in some way. The late Dr Plecan was my encouragement and a helluva reference for me in those days. Still have the garaged Camaro, but it needs TLC to be roadworthy.

I've had an EBL-ized 7747 in a squarebody Suburban practically ever since, tho. Funny story, that one. Gas prices what they are, I have never daily-ed the 'burb. Consequently, the fueling has always been a little off, but never enough for me to care. I used it very infrequently, but as needed. Every few years I'd get annoyed with it and monkey with the tune. Every single time I could make it work OK, and then move along...with the fueling problem gradually returning. A few months ago (this story spans an honest 20 years) I went to get gas and when I opened the filler cap it went "sssppphhhheeeewww" with built up pressure. It took 20 @$#%#@$% years for the light bulb to go off in my head, but it finally did. During the engine build/EBL swap I rendered the evap canister inoperable...and unvented. I haven't completely undone my 20 years of skewed tunes yet, but I did throw away the filler cap seal and eliminate the constantly increasing fuel pressure. Doh. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest when you're focused on the trees.

Cheers to the old timers!
    -greg

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Knot View Post
    LOL.

Your signature rings a bell too. You wouldn't happen to be Shannen from grolen?

Yessir, your recollection is spot on. I'm glad to have helped spread the word in some way. The late Dr Plecan was my encouragement and a helluva reference for me in those days. Still have the garaged Camaro, but it needs TLC to be roadworthy.

I've had an EBL-ized 7747 in a squarebody Suburban practically ever since, tho. Funny story, that one. Gas prices what they are, I have never daily-ed the 'burb. Consequently, the fueling has always been a little off, but never enough for me to care. I used it very infrequently, but as needed. Every few years I'd get annoyed with it and monkey with the tune. Every single time I could make it work OK, and then move along...with the fueling problem gradually returning. A few months ago (this story spans an honest 20 years) I went to get gas and when I opened the filler cap it went "sssppphhhheeeewww" with built up pressure. It took 20 @$#%#@$% years for the light bulb to go off in my head, but it finally did. During the engine build/EBL swap I rendered the evap canister inoperable...and unvented. I haven't completely undone my 20 years of skewed tunes yet, but I did throw away the filler cap seal and eliminate the constantly increasing fuel pressure. Doh. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest when you're focused on the trees.

Cheers to the old timers!
    -greg
    I remember you as well Greg. Been in this a long time too.