Quote Originally Posted by MO LS Noobie View Post
More questions than answers. If you have access to the datastream see what your IAC (idle air control) counts are. This is assuming you are a DBC (drive by cable) system. IAC count should be about 30. If it is zero that you have a vacuum leak because your computer is trying to command zero amount of flow through your IAC valve.
To confirm that your IAC is actually closed, there is a small orifice by passing your throttle plate that the IAC uses to bypass the throttle plate to control your idle speed. Disconnect your mass airflow sensor and remove the intake duct, then start your car. It might take a little bit but should eventually, within about one minute, start to idle reasonably. Then you can take your finger and plug this orifice and if the idle speed drops to normal the computer is either commanding it open or the idle air control is stuck, broken, wiring is incorrect or the PCM is defective.
DBW (drive-by wire) is a whole different topic.
Another thing that can cause high idle is coolant temperature. Look at your datastream and see what ECT is, -40° indicates an open circuit.

Thanks this solved it your the man iac count was all over the place did what you said plugged it and idle dropped. I have a few extra spare parts I swapped the iac with a used one I have and that fixed the issue. Now I’m wondering if that somehow affected my transmission and it not shifting correctly