Thread: Hello

Carb and Points!

Hello

Well I am the new guy here stopping in to say hi. Im located in Northwest Montana and having to do a lot more work on my vehicles than originally planned. Im here to learn a little about tuning and or find somebody that can help me out with it.

Right now I am finishing an engine swap in a 94 k2500. I built a HT 383 clone and am trying to keep the throttle body. She runs well on the stock tune but I know she has a little more to give.

i also have a 99 suburban that I am considering an LS swap in. My 13 year old sone seems to be really into wrenching too and has already claimed the engine we pulled out of my truck for his own project.

I am not new to wrenching, i originally went to school for automotive. Left the community college in 92 and went to AAI in Az to finish my degree. 6 months working in a AZ shop and I was done. Had to get back up north where the temps are a little more reasonable. I spent the last 25 years in the oilfield and it was easier to drop a rig off and get it fixed. Not so much where we are now. Its a 45 minute drive to the closest parts house and a real repair shop is over an hour away.

Anyway Im hear to learn, see ya all around.
    Mike

If you are OK with laptops, TunerPro RT is an excellent tool / software for OBD1 vehicles. Link: TunerPro and TunerPro RT - Professional Automobile Tuning Software

TunerPro RT Dash.jpg

TunerPro RT Monitors.jpg

TunerPro RT Item Lists.jpg

Welcome to the forum. AAI alumni from 78/79. Stayed in the automotive field and currently own a small shop in southern Missouri. Only been tuning for a couple of years since LS swapping my 99 Denali. I use tuner Pro RT and LS droid. There is a wealth of information here, as well as help with specific problems. I do not have much to offer with tuning the OBD1 and stuff, but have a lot of experience making the stock tune operate correctly. Look forward to your journey and will help out where I can.