Thanks for the tables.

After having spent the last several hours re-acquainting myself with the project (I literally haven't given the code side of it 10 minutes worth of thought in more than 2 years), I'll try to update 0.9.44 with some new defaults and documentation and get it posted later today or in the next few days along with the gerber outputs.

After mulling over diff outputs I don't find any fixes between 0.9.43 and 0.9.44. If you didn't enable logging (I probably told you not to initially) then you can't get the firmware version of what's on the board without dumping the flash and comparing the dump to a compiled binary. Sorry. This is one of the things I'm going to change - defaulting to logging enabled and preload the locBuf[] array so the controller minimally spits out the firmware version and voltage divider constants including regulator voltage fine-tuning at power-up. I'll probably add the means to dump the name of the coil-specific dwell table used as well.

Anyway, there was a bug in 0.9.42 where an unchecked bounds in a table lookup would have caused issues at higher RPMs. Aside from that I haven't experienced any other problems I believe were caused by the controller.

I will include your dwell table for the D514a coils in the official release. I won't be using your map_v_rpm_mult.h multiplier table as that shouldn't be used to accommodate differences in coils.

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I'd completely forgotten how much work I put into getting this to the stage it's currently at. Life has contributed it's necessary distractions and detours, and for the majority of the past 2 years I've dismissed the idea of improving it and resigned to driving it. I probably won't change that methodology much unless I hopelessly break something in the next few days and can't drive the car. In a nutshell, since about the middle of 2021 I've been getting in and turning the key to the car starting and running well, and have treated it like that was the expected outcome. In that time period it has not complicated my life whatsoever. In that time period there were maybe 3 or 4 starts when the ambient temps were low where it flooded during cranking. I'm not going to attempt to fix this with dwell since it did this when I was still running the stock optispark so it's completely unrelated to the ignition controller.

So you drew me back in... will make an effort to implement some changes before my attention span diminishes. Have already made a couple changes I'm about to head out to the car to test. Curse you kur4o (kidding)!

Anyone who's PM'd me wanting boards please re-connect as I'm starting to get my bearings again. I'd like to get this running on an eeprom car with the required tach driver output and potentially different ECT sense table. You're going to be made into my guinea pig / test pilot, so be careful what you ask for.