Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    is an almost $1000 custom 48x distributor marketable?
    That's going to be a tough one. I guess it depends on the potential buyers. I know me personally, that would be out of my price range. But others, with limited options for mounting one on the crank/balancer, it might be a viable option.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    That's going to be a tough one. I guess it depends on the potential buyers. I know me personally, that would be out of my price range. But others, with limited options for mounting one on the crank/balancer, it might be a viable option.
    It comes down to quantity, if the production was say 10,000 48x distributors, the price would be about the same as other aftermarket performance distributors.

dave w

I'm looking into driving a MS3, full sequential and using coil near plug with 8.1 valve covers and coils... I've toyed with the idea of doing my own using my billet MSD dizzy as a base.
    94 Blazer, Turbo'd 350 TBI - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Date night car :)
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

I just checked and although I come on this board nearly every day I haven't actually posted since Jan. of 2015. Thanks to everyone that helped me in the past and keep up the good work...

Couple pics of my crank trigger bench testing. Seems to work on the bench. The pic showing 2466 RPM's is the max speed my electric drill can spin the distributor.

dave w