Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
Off topic for kur4o's issue, but as you're all probably guessing I still haven't made much progress on the installation manual. I do intend to summon the motivation to make the project more complete and accessible, but the lack of interest by others who possess kits makes me start to question if there's enough interest to warrant it. Are you waiting on me to get off my duff and complete the manual or ??? Honest feedback would be truly appreciated.
Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
Thanks for the feedback, but you've already jumped off the cliff with me. I was mainly asking for opinions of others who have purchased kits. I'm seeing more and more folks on the corvette forums doing LS swaps on these cars and I would hate to spend a lot of time and effort only to sell another five or six kits that never get used for their intended purpose.
Hey there! Sorry for long time no response. I actually saw this post yesterday (I have email notifications) but I was also in the middle of a huge drive from one end of the state to the other. Now that I'm back home I can answer.

For me, I have all the parts I need (save for the opti passthrough I need to make because I don't want to splice wiring, and the actual spark plug wires because I haven't finalized a coil mounting solution). I was waiting on the code to mature a little, but when that happened, it was already a little "too late." Not because I don't want to do this--I very much do. In fact, now that Torqhead has pulled out of the C4 market indefinitely, the DIY-LTCC is really the only way to go. But because I ran into several critical issues with my '95 that required a lengthy teardown. The car is currently up on the lift in my garage in a disassembled state. I'm hoping to have it assembled by summer...I'll already be missing the registration deadline on it. Tons of things are changing on that car, and it was going to be my testbed, so since it's down so are my plans to test the LTCC.

My dad's '94 still runs (in fact it's the car we just took on that massive road trip), but it has issues that make it not a good candidate for testing right now. Chief among them is the noisy serial bus and, more importantly, the opti signal is currently doing something that defies logic. See thread here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ion-at-low-RPM

And since the DIY-LTCC still relies on the opti signal to run, yeah.

So at least for now, the project is shelved on my end until I have a testbed that can host it. That won't be until I get my '95 reassembled.