Thread: I must be in Waaay over my head

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition! MadMikeZ28's Avatar
    Actual MAF data as in what is really entering the motor and not what the MAF says in a data log?

The tune I tried adjusting the injector size and max advance limit was the stock APYN bin that I had also copy and pasted the ARAP timing table to earlier. But with the ARAP timing table (where some values did not change that you explained why earlier) and the Max Spark and Injector sizes changed to the values in my previous post, there was no change in the AFR.

I did not drive it, I let it run for about 5 minutes and put it in drive when I checked for an AFR change.

The tune that was made up for me, while the valve train was failing, the tuner labeled it ARAP. I assume he just labeled it that for the ARAP timing tables he started with. He would inform me that he was adjusting the timing and MAF tables after I would send him a data log. If this is not the actual data, what is a person doing while they tune? Best guess?

I did not mention that I also changed the cam. I only mentioned the heads and how the O2 side was failing so you would get an idea as to why I suspected the tune went from a good AFR to a lean AFR.

What do others actually do when they tune for something like a head and cam swap?

The last bin you attached, ARAP, fans still on and no start.

I would attach the bin he made that I use but I don't see where to attach here.... may have found how to attach. May have attached twice.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MadMikeZ28; 10-13-2023 at 08:45 AM.