Quote Originally Posted by CK_32 View Post
Ok so I’m having another issue. I’m trying to flash that BIN file with VATs deleted and LS Droid tells me I have 0/3 previous flashes.

I found somewhere some guy had a similar issue and someone recommended they read and reflash the same OS onto their ECU.

Problem is when I try to do this LS droid gives me a low voltage warning saying it dropped to 12.2v….

But I’ve tried this on my Laptop power supply and a fresh truck battery and got he same issue. Even still 12.2 is above the 12v needed. Anyone know why I’m getting this error message?

Idk why this is turning out to be so difficult to accomplish. And for so many people doing LS swaps and using LS droid idk why there is so limited information aside from mechanical information.

I’m half tempted to purchase HP Tuners but just to delete and upload VATs this really seems to be overkill for the cost to value for me.
There a million and one post on this forum and dozens of others that tell you flashing on the vehicle is NOT Recommended, even in stand alone systems.
A bench harness with a reliable power supply that puts out at least 1 full watt of power and 12.6 or more volts.
Flashing a PCM in the vehicle with a run of the mill car charger is also not recommended, as the power signal is not clean, and you can possibly brick your pcm.

Yes, it is a safety feature in LS Droid that you must have 3 flashes before being able to write a PCM.
Protocols and Safety functions are put in place for a reason, just like traffic lights at busy intersections. To try and prevent a oops, a accident.
LS Droid for Windows works great if you just follow the instructions in it to the letter, and not some you tuber that just barely knows what they are doing. There are some great tutorials online, and on you-tube, but there are also dozens more of crappy, poorly executed advice video's.
Voltage is not the only thing that matters, wattage is also very important. People trying to use a 12 volts 1/2 wall wart will not get the job done. And even many laptop power supplies drop off badly.
Pete and Jason have put thousands of hours into this and their stuff works. Especially for Free.
Now, the OBDLINK LX/MX/MX+ will NOT work with LS Droid for Windows
LS Droid Legacy (for Android Devices) does still work, but I can tell you the makers of OBDLink devices change their firmware so often, that is may work with this update, and not the next. I have 2 OBDXPRO devices and a OBDLink MX+ device. All 3 work correctly in their given environments.
Everytime I try to flash/write a PCM in a vehicle it goes bad. Everytime I do it with my $8.00 homemade bench harness it works perfect.

If you have not already, get on Facebook, join the REAL LS Droid page, and first read through all the stickies at the top of the page, then read a couple of weeks back post. You can post your question there and Pete, Jason, or one of the long time users will help you fix your issue.