Thread: 1995 K2500 454/4L80E Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    In reference to the edelbrock 454 tbi intake, even though they say it won't fit 91-95 it fits just fine. There is a couple of assessory holes that are different but it works just fine. I have it on my 94 gen V and so far as I know 95 gen V is exactly the same. Thinking back maybe the egr is different. I don't use it so wasn't a problem.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Electronic Ignition! Chutchcroft's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myburb View Post
    In reference to the edelbrock 454 tbi intake, even though they say it won't fit 91-95 it fits just fine. There is a couple of assessory holes that are different but it works just fine. I have it on my 94 gen V and so far as I know 95 gen V is exactly the same. Thinking back maybe the egr is different. I don't use it so wasn't a problem.
    Pre 94 used a vacuum EGR. 94-95 is electronic with a different mounting profile. They possibly did make a 94-95 TBI intake, but don’t offer it anymore.

My heads are large oval and I would be doing a disservice by using peanut port intake manifold runners on them.

So off with the EGR!

-Hutch

Administrator
    The heads and intake have exhaust crossovers. I have the option to block them to reduce charge temps or run them open to promote fuel delivery. Sounds like you are suggesting the latter. I would also like reliability and ease of tuning.
    I think it would be beneficial to leave the crossover open or to restrict but not block flow through it.

Electronic Ignition! Chutchcroft's Avatar
    Heads are back from the shop. New stainless valves, new locks and retainers, comp springs, 3 way valve job.

I also opted for the Flex-A-Lite 280 Monster fan.

Spent a day or so getting wiring for that all tied in to the AUX Fan circuit for A/C activation as well as a manual override and thermostat control.

I will begin assembly today and hopefully get most of it done by this weekend.

I was able to pull the stock BIN from the factory MEMCAL and also the “TBICHIP” bin file.

The VE tables are totally different and I will begin with the factory table and data log and adjust using BLM.

I got the EGR turned off per some guidance I found on this site. Still looking for the right way to shut down the CCP as I have removed and vented the tank externally. Also wondering if I need to turn off the CAT Overheat as they are long gone.

Any advice for my baseline adjustments to fire her off?