Thread: Opensource LS Flashing(It's Closer Than You Think)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    It's still there, Mike.

Pete, nothing in the schematic I posted has been obsolete or will be anytime soon. The part that my schematic replaces that is MUCH simpler, (the dedicated transceiver chip) has been obsoleted-so I have drawn it using the still very widely available, in production, discrete parts instead. (obsolete part is an 8-pin surface mount chip, my solution is completely available in through-hole if you want it as an 8 pin DIP, two TO-220 and two TO-92 parts.)

I've got 4x mode working right now, and have it running on the bench PCM next to a noise generator to test for error detection and correction. I'm gonna let it run for a few hours and see how the error rates look.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xnke View Post
    It's still there, Mike.

Pete, nothing in the schematic I posted has been obsolete or will be anytime soon. The part that my schematic replaces that is MUCH simpler, (the dedicated transceiver chip) has been obsoleted-so I have drawn it using the still very widely available, in production, discrete parts instead. (obsolete part is an 8-pin surface mount chip, my solution is completely available in through-hole if you want it as an 8 pin DIP, two TO-220 and two TO-92 parts.)

I've got 4x mode working right now, and have it running on the bench PCM next to a noise generator to test for error detection and correction. I'm gonna let it run for a few hours and see how the error rates look.

I had been using I.E. 11. Decided to try Chrome, and sure enough it is showing! Thanks, Mike.

Hey guys...way over my head but I'm following this thread, been collecting 411's for that special day:-)

FYI: Each time that I open this thread in Chrome and approach post #35 there is no image and suddenly my screen crashes. If I backspace and scroll down again..it crashes each time. If I open the thread in FireFox or Safari no problem viewing the entire thread?

Fuel Injected!
    something in the way chrome handles links to IMGUR. Ever since photobucket decided to screw their users I switched.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xnke View Post
    It's still there, Mike.

I'll go and take a closer look at it then, I looked at the transceiver chips that had been linked......I know all about those and have been down that road trying to find one's still avaible.

I'm curious to know what you have the pcm doing while it's in 4x mode since with out the appropriate VPW commands it won't stay in 4x mode for very long with out rebooting.Unless your using the older "Blackbox" style pcm I find that somewhat hard to believe.

If you are using the "Blackbox" style then you need to drop it and move to the LS style since they have very little in common.

And what your doing sounds a lot like what you "accused" me of in your initial post you made in this thread. There is a "Group" of people actively working on this project, some are remaining behind the scene so to speak while providing some valuable information , others are just choosing to focus on the work they are doing currently. Where not out to reinvent the wheel with this....we're designing a blueprint so to speak that ANYONE will be able to use across multiple platforms with out becoming tied to any specific type of hardware.

I'm not at liberty to say what programs specifically; but we(the people that need it) have been provided source code (from the authors directly) of existing software for "educational research"(Not reuse) to help streamline this entire project. People that have already written software regardless of if it was ever released or not see the value in what we are doing for the community as a whole and have contributed to make sure this actually happens.