Thread: $OD Lean Cruise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hmmm have to try that. I have ASM11 running on my XP Laptop (It's dedicated to tuning) but when I play around on my desktop I can't assemble stuff (Win 7 pro 64 bit). Does MGTEK make S19 files? How does it like source files formatted?
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Robert, you created the lean cruise option for $A1? I've been using that in my Beretta and it's awesome (32mpg!). I got it from Superdave IIRC along with the wideband hack, but never knew the original source.

I'd be happy try it out on $0D.
    80 Camaro Z28 - 550hp AFR 383 / T56 6spd (Holley HP EFI)
    91 Beretta "SS" - 260hp 3400 MPFI / HM282 5spd (7730/$A1) sold! for crazy money...but I miss it
    94 Silverado Z71 - 300hp Vortec 357 TBI / NV4500 5spd (7427/$0D) gone but not forgotten
    96 Beretta "T56" - 4.8 LS RWD swap / 6spd (0411/2156)
    01 Silverado 2500HD - stock Vortec 8.1 / ZF6 6spd (0411/8322)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/GEARHEADdezign

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    Hmmm have to try that. I have ASM11 running on my XP Laptop (It's dedicated to tuning) but when I play around on my desktop I can't assemble stuff (Win 7 pro 64 bit). Does MGTEK make S19 files? How does it like source files formatted?
    i'm trying to figure out it's preferred format now, but can't find any real documentation. i got it from Dimented24x7, so he would probably know.

Quote Originally Posted by woody80z28 View Post
    Robert, you created the lean cruise option for $A1? I've been using that in my Beretta and it's awesome (32mpg!). I got it from Superdave IIRC along with the wideband hack, but never knew the original source.

I'd be happy try it out on $0D.
    i didn't create the A1 lean cruise, GM did. i have it enhanced in my personal files though.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Well, let me try this again. I guess I shouldn't post at 1 am. LOL. Anyways, MGTEK is asm11. It works fine in my Win 7 64 bit environment. Unfortunately, exbin which converts the S19 file to a bin doesn't work in Win 7 64 bit. I still have to do that on the laptop. I have a $0D file I got from dimented that I have edited heavily to a. match the bin I want to start with, and b. look the way I want it in Notepad++. Robert, if you would like to have a copy of it so you can see how it works (format wise) pm me with your email.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Well, let me try this again. I guess I shouldn't post at 1 am. LOL. Anyways, MGTEK is asm11. It works fine in my Win 7 64 bit environment. Unfortunately, exbin which converts the S19 file to a bin doesn't work in Win 7 64 bit. I still have to do that on the laptop. I have a $0D file I got from dimented that I have edited heavily to a. match the bin I want to start with, and b. look the way I want it in Notepad++. Robert, if you would like to have a copy of it so you can see how it works (format wise) pm me with your email.
    Maybe you guys could find time to explain what an S19 file is? I know it is used to make changes in bin and I know it was origanlly intended to work in DOS but an updated version was made for windows. I took all the files from a S19 file for DOS and used them in a S19 file for windows and it works from command prompt in my Windows 7 84 bit... so maybe just the updated Windows S19 file would end this issue? S19 Windows files are in zip folder here.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...on-1227747-ECM

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Maybe you guys could find time to explain what an S19 file is? I know it is used to make changes in bin and I know it was origanlly intended to work in DOS but an updated version was made for windows. I took all the files from a S19 file for DOS and used them in a S19 file for windows and it works from command prompt in my Windows 7 84 bit... so maybe just the updated Windows S19 file would end this issue? S19 Windows files are in zip folder here.
    I'd like to find a write up on how to dissassemble a bin just so I can see what the programing language looks like. does anyone know where there are any writeups?
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Thanks to a lot of guys one inpaticular RBob most hacs are done! I learned this while wanting to learn the same thing and the more I learned the more I relaized I could be a better use doing other things that I have skills at like websites!

Here's a good thread on process...
    http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/di...sassembly.html

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    I think there is a write-up over at TGO in the tuning sticky. But if all you want to do is see the programming language, then look ata hack or the $0D fan code, it’s written the same as a hack, just neater.

Here are some tools to help you interpret what your reading:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator

sweet, the formatting it likes is the only thing stopping me from using it. just add @yahoo.com to my username here.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    S19 is a file format that is generated by an assembler from a .ASM file. it's actually a bunch of hex code and addresses and checksums all rolled into a somewhat compact file. you then use a S19 patching utility (RBob's latest version works with 64-bit) to apply the S19 file to a target BIN. the problem is that there are very few assemblers that work natively in 64-bit to create a S19 file from an ASM.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E