Thread: TunerPro comprehensive XDF for 0411 PCM - with Checksums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    LRT, thanks for sharing the XDF you've streamlined. Looks great! Question: I've saved a copy of the "512Kb PCM OS Checksum Plugin.dll" in the *\Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins folder, but it's not loading into TunerPro's "About Plug-ins" window after restart? Is there an additional step I need to take to integrate this plug-in to update the OS checksum? And if you (anyone?) don't mind: how can I verify the checksums are good after my changes? I saved my *bin, then opened it with EFILive, and EFILive shows a green check mark for each segment? And I'm curious - there seem to be lots of very advanced calibrations available for editing, but (to me) some other simpler calibrations aren't available? Do you (or anyone else) know why? Are some calibrations much harder to find than others? For examples: coil dwell settings (like 12650 in HPT) and end of injection timing (like 3120 in HPT)?

Anyone have a 5.7 4l80e Express van .bin for this 0411 XDF?
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by brian617 View Post
    Anyone have a 5.7 4l80e Express van .bin for this 0411 XDF?
    Try this one ...

Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    Try this one ...
    Thank you!
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    LRT, thanks for sharing the XDF you've streamlined. Looks great! Question: I've saved a copy of the "512Kb PCM OS Checksum Plugin.dll" in the *\Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins folder, but it's not loading into TunerPro's "About Plug-ins" window after restart? Is there an additional step I need to take to integrate this plug-in to update the OS checksum? And if you (anyone?) don't mind: how can I verify the checksums are good after my changes? I saved my *bin, then opened it with EFILive, and EFILive shows a green check mark for each segment? And I'm curious - there seem to be lots of very advanced calibrations available for editing, but (to me) some other simpler calibrations aren't available? Do you (or anyone else) know why? Are some calibrations much harder to find than others? For examples: coil dwell settings (like 12650 in HPT) and end of injection timing (like 3120 in HPT)?
    If EFILive shows the checksum(s) are okay then it's working. If the checksum(s) were bad EFILive would notify you after loading the .bin and ask if you wanted to correct them.
    Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by babywag View Post
    If EFILive shows the checksum(s) are okay then it's working. If the checksum(s) were bad EFILive would notify you after loading the .bin and ask if you wanted to correct them.
    Thanks @babywag! I'll give my tunes checksum check in EFILive to be sure the checksums are good.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    The parameters that I included in the XDF were primarily from the multitude of parameters that Dimented24x7 originally defined.

I attempted to select parameters that would likely be used the most frequently, or were most likely to help with typical tuning issues.

The parameters that you mentioned - coil dwell and injection timing - are not ones that a DIY tuner has the knowledge to alter appropriately, and as such, would likely be rarely used.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    The parameters that I included in the XDF were primarily from the multitude of parameters that Dimented24x7 originally defined. I attempted to select parameters that would likely be used the most frequently, or were most likely to help with typical tuning issues. The parameters that you mentioned - coil dwell and injection timing - are not ones that a DIY tuner has the knowledge to alter appropriately, and as such, would likely be rarely used.
    LRT, don't discredit yourself either - I see a few new parameters that were not defined in Dimented24x7's XDF. And I certainly appreciate your organization; looks much easier to navigate and edit. For the coil dwell settings, you're right, it's not something often edited, but it's easily used if the coils are swapped. For example - I'm starting off with a 2001 Firebird calibration, but I'm swapping in the D585 truck coils. This swap alone is nearly worthless unless I could also bump up the dwell settings these coils are capable of. I hope to figure out where these are located. For the injection timing, my cam has more valve overlap. I'm curious to see if the injection timing could help save my cats??

Electronic Ignition!
    Curious - are any of you using Firefox? I'm using v50.1.0, and I can't get my posts to keep the \newline commands. All my replies are being bunched together as one long post, ugh. \n Also I didn't get any email notification of replies to my post in this thread, but got emails from the other thread. Strange? - I think LRT figured this out: *** had to switch from the WYSISYG editor, to the standard editor *** I'll try this.
    Last edited by Chas; 12-20-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Chas,

Version 4 has been posted.

I added the Coil Dwell Time table.

I also added End of Injection Target (EOIT) constant and table. Good thing Dimented24x7 had already defined this table, as I would never have figured it out on my own.
    Last edited by LRT; 12-22-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Wow!Thank you for sharing this! Can't wait to to get it on my laptop.

Electronic Ignition!
    Incredible work LRT.
    Dimented24x7 and you don't give yourselves enough credit. Frankly, I wouldn't be taking on my project now if it wasn't for Dimented24x7 and you.