Thread: OBD2 LT1 XDF $EE EEX creation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Hey boxsport, there's really three parts of the approach here; one is the unbricking, for which more info can be found here: LT1 UnBrick. The read/write flash routine I think is figured out but not implemented (i'm leaving that up to Tom H, steveo and kur4o). The third part is actually defining where all the parameters are in the data files ("bin files"). I was brute force reverse engineering and quickly found the spark, VE, MAF, injector, and some transmission tables. Seeing as I had hundreds more parameters to go, I decided to write an automated finder tool (which then life pulled me away from). This will only find identical tables and non-zero scalars between '95 and '96 files; it won't work for scalars that are 00 or flags. So..

The last piece of the puzzle is actually learning disassembly and piecing through all the memory locations to figure out what scalars and flags are where. This part has the steepest learning curve; kur4o has provided me disassembly to work from but I'm not yet at the point of proficiency, and haven't had time.

If your OBD2 PCM is in a vehicle, you can buy any of these to communicate with it: OBDX PRO VT/. Be aware that every run is quickly selling out so you may have to get on the mailing list to get one.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock9c1 View Post
    Hey boxsport, there's really three parts of the approach here; one is the unbricking, for which more info can be found here: LT1 UnBrick. The read/write flash routine I think is figured out but not implemented (i'm leaving that up to Tom H, steveo and kur4o). The third part is actually defining where all the parameters are in the data files ("bin files"). I was brute force reverse engineering and quickly found the spark, VE, MAF, injector, and some transmission tables. Seeing as I had hundreds more parameters to go, I decided to write an automated finder tool (which then life pulled me away from). This will only find identical tables and non-zero scalars between '95 and '96 files; it won't work for scalars that are 00 or flags. So..

The last piece of the puzzle is actually learning disassembly and piecing through all the memory locations to figure out what scalars and flags are where. This part has the steepest learning curve; kur4o has provided me disassembly to work from but I'm not yet at the point of proficiency, and haven't had time.

If your OBD2 PCM is in a vehicle, you can buy any of these to communicate with it: OBDX PRO VT/. Be aware that every run is quickly selling out so you may have to get on the mailing list to get one.
    Thanks for the tips / answers...
    Honestly most of the stuff you told me i'm not aware because this is also new to me and i´m trying to learn day by day.
    i live in mexico and i´m trying to setup a business mainly for ECM / ECU / TCM / PCM programming / tune, but the learnign curve is VERY BIG... I´m still in the "nobb/dumm" stage...
    I mentioned the ECMs i have, but they are not in the car. Its in my small "lab" at home so all the work i do, will be on the bench...
    But i´m very interested in helping in anyway a can on your projects...
    If i can use these ECMs as "Guinea Pigs" for your project i will be more than happy...
    A couple of months ago Steveo and other users helped e out trying to program a 95 LT1 ECM, and for that i´m very thankfull (at the end i was not able to test the ECM on the car 100% because there were some other issues and the guy didnt wanted to spend more time and money on the car)
    I'm trying to "fix" the 95 ECM i have here but i cant seem to find the reason for not allowing the Flash.
    But the 97 ECM, it seems to be ok. And like i said, if you guys need a "Guinea Pig" for tests, you can count with me and with this ECM.
    Regarging the Reading, do you guys have already any file i could use to start making some tests?
    Because i´m also finishing my ECU/ECM tester / simulator, and it would be nice for me to test it with the ECM to...
    This way i could do the bench test read/flash and try it with my "tester/simulator" to see if the flash work OK and if it works like it should (probably would need to do some updated to my project, but that would be fine).

Anyway, i´m glad i found this thread and i will be reading all the info to learn something with you guys...
    PS: I have some tools / cables that might also work for testing (OBDLink SX / OBDLink EX, VagCom HexV2, Kess V2, Ktag, and some others) and see what we could use for this reading / flash / logging...

Cheers
    Last edited by boxsport; 06-11-2020 at 06:15 AM.