Thread: New here. Hello from the great state of Missouri.

Carb and Points!

New here. Hello from the great state of Missouri.

New here.
    Been working on classic cars most of my life so after years of sending my ECMs to other people to remove vats and give me a stock tune I am trying to learn the ins and outs of this process. working on a 58 Delray Wagon with a 2003 Cadillac Escalade 6.0 HO DBW with a Texas speed chopacobra cam and tremec 6 speed out of a 96 Z28. stock injectors, shorty headers. runs but idles low and not wanting to stay running. I have a friend that sent me in this direction to pick the brains of the fellows that have it all figured out.
    If anyone has a tune that might get me heading in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
    Attached are some pictures of my road trip car
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisinclassics View Post
    If anyone has a tune that might get me heading in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
    It doesn't quite work like that without knowing a whole lot more about the details, what you have to read and flash PCMs and at least a bin file out of the PCM you are using.

Carb and Points!
    [I have the bin file on my shop laptop. Do I just share it with you all here? QUOTE=cruisinclassics;102096]New here.
    Been working on classic cars most of my life so after years of sending my ECMs to other people to remove vats and give me a stock tune I am trying to learn the ins and outs of this process. working on a 58 Delray Wagon with a 2003 Cadillac Escalade 6.0 HO DBW with a Texas speed chopacobra cam and tremec 6 speed out of a 96 Z28. stock injectors, shorty headers. runs but idles low and not wanting to stay running. I have a friend that sent me in this direction to pick the brains of the fellows that have it all figured out.
    Attached are some pictures of my road trip car[/QUOTE]

Carb and Points!
    I used to send my ecm to a tuner guy and list all the details. He would just flash with a tune he had for that specific set of perimeters and send it back while emptying my wallet. I have saved the bin file and modified and removed vats and applicable dtc’s do I need to share the bin file here for further help?

Fuel Injected!
    No one can just send you a tune without at least knowing details of the calibration in the PCM you are using. There is not just one calibration that was used in all 03 Escalades. Details about the operating system you are using and all the other segments in the calibration have to be known by at least posting the bin you are using. And that is just for starters. I'll also add that that cam selection is probably not the the easiest to learn how to tune EFI on. Also stock 25 lb injectors that a 03 6.0L has are going to be too small and can't supply enough fuel at high rpm with that cam.