Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: going lean

That looks complicated lol. But would be very useful.
    Does anyone on here have a good $32B definition file with a lot of sensors added to the monitors?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEDRATED View Post
    That looks complicated lol. But would be very useful.
    Does anyone on here have a good $32B definition file with a lot of sensors added to the monitors?
    I was looking at the threads over at Thridgen.org ... I should be able edit the $6E.adx for MAF voltages. I was not able to find / figure out $32B for MAF voltages.

dave w

That would help me out big time if I had MAF voltages, otherwise I'm going in blind. There has to be a way :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ZEDRATED View Post
    That would help me out big time if I had MAF voltages, otherwise I'm going in blind. There has to be a way :-(
    So, your thinking you want to use $6E instead of $32B?

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    So, your thinking you want to use $6E instead of $32B?

dave w
    Nah, I'm to deep into the tune and everything is good except this small lean condition. I'm sure I'll get, I'm going to keep playing with MAF tables 2,3,4 and 5. If someone has a $32B definition file with the MAF voltage that would be awsome.

I don't have a $32B definition file with MAF voltages.

Found some good information at Thridgen.org on tuning $32B: http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/di...tunning-2.html

In that tread is a good article, see attached.

dave w

Very good article. Thanks. That ACCEL enrich %BPW vs. Async pulse I did not know about. Gonna try it out.

Electronic Ignition!
    Is there a particular TPS% this lean condition occurs at or is it random? I'm wondering if possibly the injector Offset v Pulsewidth may have been modified. That would affect fueling at small PW. Just a SWAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfirez51 View Post
    Is there a particular TPS% this lean condition occurs at or is it random? I'm wondering if possibly the injector Offset v Pulsewidth may have been modified. That would affect fueling at small PW. Just a SWAG.
    It's around 50-75% TPS. I set the offsets according to my injectors. I just finished playing around with the middle MAF tables and I got it going good now :-)
    I then tried playing with the ACCEL enrich %BPW vs. Async pulse table to get rid of that little hesitation at WOT and I went from 2 to 2.75 and boom, perfect now. No more esitation.
    Lets just say it feels good to actually get some good results, I'm happier than a pig in sh*t tonight lol.
    Thanks to all for your input. Next thing I want to adjust is my idle. For some reason the IAC counts are around 30 but for some reason it is idling high. I set it to 800rpm but it is hanging around 1000. Shouldn't my IAC go to 0 if it is trying to target 800 and hanging around 1000?????

Anybody?????

Fuel Injected!
    if you back the throttle blade screw out 1/4-1/2 turn it will give the iac more control over idle rpm [if] it happens to be misadjusted. glad to hear you are making progress I know you have had a long road with your project.

Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    if you back the throttle blade screw out 1/4-1/2 turn it will give the iac more control over idle rpm [if] it happens to be misadjusted. glad to hear you are making progress I know you have had a long road with your project.
    for or some reason the idle is bang on now just after burning the chip and driving the car 2 days later. Damn cars!

Fuel Injected!
    after an ecu reset the ecu doesnt know where the iac steps are at it has to re-learn the 0 position and store it in ram which it should do the first time the engine is held above 2000rpm.i normally start the engine and hold rpm above 2000 rpm for 5 seconds so the iac will retract fully closed and know where 0 is from then on the iac steps should read correct in the datalog

Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    after an ecu reset the ecu doesnt know where the iac steps are at it has to re-learn the 0 position and store it in ram which it should do the first time the engine is held above 2000rpm.i normally start the engine and hold rpm above 2000 rpm for 5 seconds so the iac will retract fully closed and know where 0 is from then on the iac steps should read correct in the datalog
    That makes sense. Thanks.

I still find the car not 100% and I want to play around more, instead of playing so much with the MAF tables I want to play with my base pulse width table but I'm unsure how. Can someone help me out on how to adjust this table and where to adjust. I see the RPMs on one side and load on the other side. Why is the base pulse width the same from low RPM to high RPM???? How do I know where the adjust if I want to add more fuel in the spots where I am going lean????
    thanks.